About Me

My photo
Working in a TV newsroom as an assignment editor and investigative producer for almost 10 years , I heard the pitch a hundred times a day. Some were masters of the art, others would flop...and many would ask ME how to pitch THEIR stories. Pretty soon, I began to think, "I can do their job better!" Once a media insider, I know how a newsroom thinks. A move in to a busy public relations office also taught me the other side of the biz. I've collected a few secrets that make the media, magazines, biz journals and public pay attention.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm not too proud to work for doggie medication! :)

My clients, Lakeside Animal Hospital, have been able to increase foot traffic through their doors because of a couple well-placed media hits.

I pitched one of the unique services that LAH offers ~ acupuncture for pets!  

The Wheat Ridge Transcript liked the pitch and wrote a business profile on the animal hospital. 

Here's the business profile that ran in the Wheat Ridge Transcript:
http://denver.yourhub.com/WheatRidge/Stories/Business-Profiles/Story~875576.aspx

Along with the help from photographer Bill Bond, I wrote up a bio about weiner dog owner Stephanie and her dog Dempsey.  We posted on the local YourHub newspaper website.  YourHub is a weekly paper insert to the Denver Post every Thursday ~ and they printed the web story I wrote in the paper edition.

And the acupuncture story that Bill and I worked on which profiles Dempsey the dachsund:
http://denver.yourhub.com/WheatRidge/Stories/Pets-and-Animals/Story~898584.aspx









Remember, most small businesses tend to get their foot traffic from the neighborhood where they reside.  Don't discount the little media guys!!  Hey, don't get me wrong ~ there is a definite power to getting a placement on the big guys like 9News, CBS4 and 7News...but, you will find life-long customers from getting the word out through the little guys.  That's because your neighbors read the hyper-local newspapers delivered to their homes.  Most want to know what is going on their hood.

For my efforts?? ~ I get trade credit that I use towards taking care of my animal brood here at the Graybill house ~ four cats and a 12-year-old Rottie ~ jojo ~ who now needs arthritis medication for a bum front-right ankle.  Thank you Lakeside Animal Hospital!!

No comments:

Post a Comment