About Me

My photo
Working in a TV newsroom as an assignment editor and investigative producer for almost 10 years , I heard the pitch a hundred times a day. Some were masters of the art, others would flop...and many would ask ME how to pitch THEIR stories. Pretty soon, I began to think, "I can do their job better!" Once a media insider, I know how a newsroom thinks. A move in to a busy public relations office also taught me the other side of the biz. I've collected a few secrets that make the media, magazines, biz journals and public pay attention.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The three P's...

Here's a look in to my life in the PR biz.  When trying to book a client, I try to think like a news producer and a viewer or reader.  You have to think about what's important to them.

Be prepared, precise and personable

1 comment:

  1. i am following! how could i not with a fabulous hat like that in Lola Bird's logo picture? ;)

    your advice in the above email is spot-on, by the way!

    ReplyDelete