About Me

My photo
Working in a TV newsroom as an assignment editor and investigative producer for almost 10 years , I heard the pitch a hundred times a day. Some were masters of the art, others would flop...and many would ask ME how to pitch THEIR stories. Pretty soon, I began to think, "I can do their job better!" Once a media insider, I know how a newsroom thinks. A move in to a busy public relations office also taught me the other side of the biz. I've collected a few secrets that make the media, magazines, biz journals and public pay attention.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

She's on a roll folks...

Well, I have landed my second clients!  Woo-hoo....I will be helping my local vet, Lakeside Animal Hospital, with marketing and promoting for their clinic events.

I have a biz brainstorming session with them tomorrow night.  I'm pretty excited to brainstorm, because this clinic is new and provides some unique services, like acupuncture for animals ~ Neat huh?  They are great partners with their local Wheat Ridge businesses too.

Like many people that I talk to about marketing, they just don't know how to pitch their great ideas.....Welllllll, that's what I'm here for silly!!  :)

Here are some examples of how I make my clients think about themselves when we are working together:

     **Who's your target audience? 
          --You have to figure this one out before you go anywhere ~ they are the people you want to talk to and you have to know what to say
     **What's your biz's mission statement?
          --Explain who you are and describe who you serve
     **What makes your biz unique?
          --Do you offer a special service, own a unique piece of equipment, cater to families, etc.?

By first talking about these things, ideas begin to flow...it's really that easy.

Really??!! 

Off to pr dreamland....

No comments:

Post a Comment